Idea to Impact in Six Steps:
Our 6D-process keeps people focused and projects on track, ensuring that results are not only discussed but also achieved. Those steps involve D1: Defining the project, D2: Diagnosing the current state, D3: Designing the future state, D4: Demonstrating effectiveness at a limited scope, D5: Deploying the solution at full scope, D6: Delegating ownership, standardizing methods and transferring skills to sustain success. Quality gates at the end of each phase ensure that deliverables are being met.
6D Improvement Cycle
How the Improvement Cycle Works
D1: Define the problem and project charter.
D2: Diagnose current state, set the baseline.
D3: Design future state and project plan.
D4: Demonstrate the concept, present data.
D5: Deliver the improvement, report progress.
D6: Delegate ownership, validate impact.
6D Improvement Graph
Why Performance Dips Before Taking Off
Naturally, any meaningful change creates instability by disrupting the status quo. As a result, performance dips at first, before turning around and taking off as improvements take root. As performance meets targets, changes must be embedded by standardizing methods and reinforcing behaviors, making processes repeatable, results reproducible, and success sustainable. The newly established plateau becomes now the “launchpad” for the next improvement cycle.
The Leanmap Way
Instead of leaving you with a large powerpoint presentation to work through, we develop (co-invent) the solution together with your team, jointly discovering and deciding what works best. Such process takes a bit longer at the beginning (front-loading) but it eliminates the extra effort later on to convince people to get them on board. We stay fully engaged and support you during the critical change period, until improvements are implemented, impact is achieved, skills are transferred, and systems are in place to sustain them: “Navigating to Results”.
As strategy consultants, we help business leaders define and execute strategy:
- Benchmark and conduct competitive analysis
- Analyze and solve operational constraints
- Develop business and growth strategies
- Define required skills and competences
- Develop location and value-added strategies
- Rationalize structures and streamline processes
- Bring mission-critical projects on track
As process consultants, we help managers improve methods, skills, and systems:
- Manufacturing and service operations
- Research and product development
- Sourcing and supply chain management
- Quality assurance and management
- Productive maintenance and asset-care
- Sales, marketing, and after-sales service
- Business planning, finance and controlling
Navigating to Results
We accelerate your improvement journey by providing the critical know-how and the hands-on implementation assistance, so you achieve results faster.