With our unique combination of strategic thinking, innovative ideas and proven concepts, we develop solutions that not only improve results, but also move you past the competition. As a result, you will be able to meet market requirements with reduced time and effort, fewer problems, and less capital. Your value chain will become stronger and more agile, responding with higher quality and efficiency, meeting customer demands at a measurably lower cost.
The LeanMap Way - Navigating to Results
In tandem with your team, we develop ready-to-implement solutions that ensure rapid and lasting success. Following a structured process reduces the burden on your people, the investment for our services, and the total lead-time of the project. During the DEFINE phase, we sit down with key stakeholders and identify critical needs and desired results that are formalised in the project charter. During the DIAGNOSE phase, we analyze capabilities and conditions that make up the current state. Several drill-downs help identifying issues and opportunities, serving as key inputs to develop the future state. During the DESIGN phase, we develop a shared vision of the future. It is this collaborative effort that establishes the required trust to realize the future state. Such buy-in is critically important before moving into implementation. During the DEPLOYMENT phase, newly developed concepts are first being tested in a controlled environment under real conditions. It is a ‘stress-test’ to validate assumptions and determine operating parameters. During the DELEGATION phase, processes are being standardised and people trained in the new way of working. Roles and responsibilities are defined and metrics, process controls and management system established. Because when we leave, you can be sure that your team has a proven solution at hand and is fully capable running it. And, for challenging settings, such as restructuring and turnarounds, we also provide interim management support to lead the implementation until goals are achieved and new processes and structures are stabilized.
Concept to Completion in 5 Steps
- Define: frame project, define voice of customer (VOC), employee (VOE), business (VOB)
- Diagnose: analyze current situation, identify problems and improvement potential
- Design: develop future state concept, build skills and capability foundation of team
- Deploy: apply concept in controlled area, confirm assumptions, formalize processes
- Delegate: build capabilities; define handover schedule, deliverables, and ownership
Methods and Tools
We utilize a wide range of tools and techniques to maximize our impact. They include generic approaches like PDCA, 8D, X-Matrix, DMAIC, as well as proprietary to LeanMap to maximize speed and impact. But more importantly, our approach is to work closely with your key people to create and achieve shared goals. We believe that the only way to achieve sustained success is to work with people throughout all phases, rather than engaging in rapid interventions followed by countless course corrections. We also appreciate some stakeholders who are sceptical to the success of any change activity, so we have developed an approach where we take the time to understand their level of engagement and influence, so we can develop a strategy that enables them to participate and create a clear communications plan.
Performance Improvement Templates
- Operations Diagnostics: analyzing the conditions for a successful merger, transfer or divestment.
- Cost Reduction: lowering the cost base to safeguard liquidity and improve competitiveness.
- Lean Transformation: increasing speed and efficiency of manufacturing and service operations.
- Process Acceleration: streamlining processes to respond quicker to changing market needs.
- Quality Excellence: reducing defect rate and variability to reduce cost and risk levels.